Have you ever been waiting in line at Dutch Bros, wondering if you could make your favorite drink at home and save yourself the trip and some money? Today we’re going to cover how to make the Dutch Bros Strawberry Horchata Chai at home in 10 minutes or less so you can enjoy it when you want, and as much as you want.
To make the Dutch Bros Strawberry Horchata Chai at home, combine caramel, white chocolate, strawberry, and cinnamon Torani syrups in a cup. Next, add equal parts of chai concentrate and milk with ice. Then create a soft top with heavy cream, milk, vanilla Torani syrup, and a milk frother. Top with cinnamon.
The key to this drink is really the horchata. Horchata is a creamy base that comes from Spain and became popular in Latin American countries. It goes really well with the spicy kick of chai and the fruity burst of strawberries. So the next time you want that Dutch Bros taste but don’t want to leave the house, remember that this recipe is here, ready for you to try out and enjoy. Let’s get into it.
In this Article:
How to Make a Dutch Bros Strawberry Horchata Chai at Home
Ingredients and Equipment
Strawberry Horchata Chai Recipe
Extra Tips for the Best Tasting Drink
Related: What States Dutch Bros is In
How to Make Dutch Bros Strawberry Horchata Chai at Home
This is a relatively quick recipe once you get all of the ingredients. I know I like to make sure I have everything I need on-hand so I’m not stopping halfway through and running to the store or waiting for a grocery delivery. Luckily, this is a short recipe that doesn’t need a huge amount of equipment or ingredients, and we’ll list them out for you below.
Ingredients & Equipment
First up, let’s get the ingredients and equipment out of the way. This way, you’ll be able to tell at a glance if you have everything you need to make the Strawberry Horchata Chai.
- Torani Syrups (Tap/Click on Orange to View on Amazon)
- Heavy Cream
- Oregon Chai Concentrate (Amazon)
- Milk Frother
- Glass Measuring Cup
Dutch Bros Strawberry Horchata Chai Recipe
To make the Strawberry Horchata Chai at home, start by getting all of your ingredients and equipment in one space. This will make your use of time efficient and allow you to make it without having to run around and hunt for ingredients.
- Get your cup and carefully pour in 0.25 oz of each of the Torani caramel, white chocolate, strawberry, and cinnamon syrups.
- Next, add your Oregon Chai Concentrate (Amazon) and milk into the cup, keeping it to a ratio of 1:1. Pour until you fill the cup to roughly ¾ of the way full.
- Get your milk frother and use it to mix everything together.
- Next, add your ice while leaving an inch or so of room to add your soft top.
- Next, you’ll make your soft top by pouring three tablespoons of heavy cream into the measuring cup and adding two tablespoons of milk and a tablespoon of vanilla syrup.
- Use your handheld milk frother to mix everything and make it light and fluffy.
- Finish the drink by topping your cup off with the soft top of cream and milk mixture and sprinkling a little cinnamon.
CC: Photo by cottonbro studio
Before you start blending and foaming your Strawberry Horchata Chai imitation, here are some pro tips to make your homemade version as good as the best from Dutch Bros.
- Preparation is Key – Before you start the recipe, put all the tools and ingredients in one place. This makes it less likely that you’ll forget something and makes the process go more smoothly. The French call it ‘mise en place’, which means “everything in its place.”
- Quality Matters – Invest in high-quality syrups, like Torani, as the taste of these syrups can greatly affect the final flavor of your drink. Similarly, a good quality chai concentrate (Oregan Chai) can make a world of difference. The quality of ingredients determines the quality of the final product.
- Temperature Control – If you prefer a colder drink, chill your milk beforehand. Cold milk ensures that the ice doesn’t melt too quickly, diluting the drink.
- Perfect Froth – When frothing the heavy cream and milk mixture, make sure the frother is fully submerged to avoid splashing and get the right consistency. Froth until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and has a slightly airy texture. Using a milk frother correctly will take some practice.
- Flavor Adjustment – Everyone’s taste buds are unique. After making this a couple of times, you might realize you prefer more strawberry and less caramel, or perhaps a stronger hint of chai. Feel free to adjust the syrup quantities to match your taste preferences. That’s the fun of making it at home!
- Syrup Sequence – While it might seem trivial, the order in which you add the syrups can affect the mixing. Start with the thicker syrups like caramel and white chocolate before the thinner ones. This ensures a more consistent blend when you mix.
- Garnishing – The cinnamon on top is not just a decorative touch. It’s spicy taste and strong smell adds a lot of flavor to each sip. Just be sure to not add too much or it may be overpowering.
- Serve Immediately – Like most iced beverages, this drink is best enjoyed immediately after making it to avoid watering down.
Savor the Sweet Success
So, now you know how to make a delicious Dutch Bros Strawberry Horchata Chai in your own kitchen. Every time you take a sip, you’ll notice how the different flavors combine. So, the next time you want that special taste but want to stay at home, remember that you have the recipe and tips to make it shine right here!
If you have any comments or questions please leave them below.
This article was written by Sara. You can learn more about Sara on our About the Team page.