If you’re a fan of Dutch Bros’ Annihilator, you know that unique blend of creamy chocolate and rich coffee flavor is hard to beat. But what if you’re craving that same coffeehouse magic without leaving the comfort of your home? Good news: you can whip up your own version of the Dutch Bros Annihilator in just about 5 minutes at home, with a few simple ingredients.
A Dutch Bros Annihilator can be made with 2 shots of espresso espresso, 10 oz of half and half creamer, and 2 tablespoons of chocolate macadamia nut syrup and white chocolate sauce.
No need to be a barista to master this recipe. Just follow these quick steps, and before you know it, you’ll be sipping on you’re own Annhilator at home!
If you learn better from video, check out the one below!
In This Article:
- What is Dutch Bros Annihilator?
- Ingredients & Equipment that You Need to Make an Annihilator
- Dutch Bros Annihilator Recipe
- Annihilator Recipe Tips
- Dutch Bros Annihilator Nutrition Facts
If you like the Annihilator, you may want to take a look at our other recipe guides, including how to make a Dutch Bros Caramelizer, Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Freeze, Dutch Bros Rebel, Dutch Bros Strawberry Horchata Chai, or the Dutch Bros Kicker at home.
What is Dutch Bros Annihilator?
The Annihilator from Dutch Bros is a breve coffee drink that combines espresso with half and half, chocolate macadamia nut syrup, and white chocolate sauce. It’s available in hot, iced, or blended varieties to cater to your coffee cravings.
Ingredients & Equipment that You Need to Make an Annihilator
To make a homemade version of the Dutch Bros Annihilator, you’ll need the following ingredients and equipment:
- Espresso or strong brewed coffee
- Half and half Creamer (for the creamy breve texture)
- Chocolate macadamia nut syrup (you can also use chocolate syrup and a drop of macadamia nut flavoring if the syrup isn’t available)
- White Chocolate Sauce
- Ice (if you’re making the iced or blended version)
Additionally, to get the taste as close as possible, you may want to use Dutch Bros’s official coffee beans, which you can find below:
- Espresso machine or coffee maker
- Measuring spoons
- Glass for serving
- Frother or Steam Wand (Pictured Below)
Dutch Bros Annihilator Recipe
As you can see, the equipment will vary based on whether you want a hot or cold Annihilator, so the recipes will vary a bit too.
Hot Dutch Bros Annihilator Recipe
1. Steam the Milk
For the hot version of the Annhilator, you start the process by heating and steaming the creamer. If you have an espresso machine with a steam wand use that. Otherwise, you can heat the milk on the stovetop or in the microwave and froth it with a handheld electric milk frother.
You can use half and half like the original recipe does, or you can use a milk-like oat or another non-dairy substitute.
2. Mix Syrup and Milk
Once you steam the creamer, carefully transfer it to the serving glass. Get your measuring spoons and add 2 tablespoons of the chocolate macadamia nut syrup and white chocolate sauce.
If you can’t get a hold of the chocolate macadamia nut syrup, swap it out for a tablespoon of chocolate syrup with a drop of macadamia nut flavoring. Stir it all thoroughly.
3. Make the Espresso
For reference, Dutch Bros uses a double shot of espresso for the small/medium Annihilator and four shots for the large.
Prepare two to four shots of espresso in your espresso maker if you have it. If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can use a Moka pot to imitate it.
You could also warm up some cold brew or make really strong coffee a different way. The goal is to use a strong coffee so that the flavor isn’t diluted from the creamer and flavorings.
4. Add in the Espresso
When you finish making your espresso, add it to your cup with the flavored syrup and steamed creamer.
When you get everything added and mixed into the cup, your hot Annihilator is ready. Add some whipped cream (optional) and enjoy!
Cold Dutch Bros Annihilator Recipe
1. Add Ice
If you’re craving the iced version of Dutch Bros’ Annihilator, you won’t be frothing or steaming creamer in this step. Instead, you’ll get your serving glass and fill it halfway with ice.
If you want to avoid diluting your drink while the ice melts, you can make coffee ice cubes. I prefer to add these coffee ice cubes because I want the flavor to stay as strong as possible.
2. Add Half and Half (or your milk of choice) and Syrup
Instead of using a steam wand and warming your half and half, you’re going to add the half and half in cold with two tablespoons of the chocolate macadamia nut syrup and white chocolate sauce.
3. Add the Espresso
Next, make your 2-4 shots of espresso or strong coffee.
You can either add the shots in while they’re still hot or allow them to cool first. If you add hot espresso, this will melt the ice faster, so if you have the time I recommend setting it in the fridge for a few minutes to allow it to cool.
4. Stir and Enjoy
Once you get everything into the serving glass and mixed together, you can drink it as-is or add whichever toppings you like.
For an extra hint of sweetness, we recommend adding the Dutch Bros Soft Top, and you can find our recipe here.
Make a milkshake like blended Annihilator by adding the above into a blender!
Annihilator Recipe Tips
- Quality Coffee – Start with high-quality coffee beans to get that authentic, robust flavor. If you don’t have an espresso machine, a strong brewed coffee can work, but make sure it’s extra strong.
- Get the Syrup Right – The unique taste of the Annihilator comes from the chocolate macadamia nut syrup. If you can’t find this specific syrup, try combining chocolate syrup with macadamia nut extract to mimic the flavor.
- Creaminess is Key – The Annihilator is a breve, which means it’s made with half and half instead of milk. This gives the drink its signature creamy texture.
- Adjust to Taste – If you prefer your coffee less sweet or with a stronger coffee flavor, adjust the amount of syrup accordingly. The beauty of making it at home is that you can tailor it to your exact preferences.
- Serve It Your Way – Whether you like it hot, iced, or blended, make sure to prepare it in a way that suits your mood. For a blended version, ensure you blend it until smooth and frothy.
- Garnish – If you’re feeling fancy, top your drink with whipped cream or a sprinkle of chocolate shavings for an extra treat.
Dutch Bros Annihilator Nutrition Facts
(The nutrition facts will vary slightly depending on the size and type of Annihilator you make)
CC: Dutch Bros
CC: Dutch Bros
CC: Dutch Bros
1. How Much Caffeine is in Dutch Bros Annihilator
The caffeine content depends on the size and style, but it ranges from 128 to 256 milligrams per serving.
2. How Much Sugar is in Dutch Bros Annihilator
The sugar content ranges from 20 grams to 134 grams, depending on the size and style you get.
3. How Many Shots of Espresso are in Dutch Bros Annihilator
There are two espresso shots in the small and medium Annihilators and four in the large.
4. How to Order Dutch Bros Annihilator at Starbucks
According to Reddit, you can go to Starbucks and request a cold brew with half and half, and then add a half pump of toffee nut and a half pump of mocha.
5. How Much Does Dutch Bros Annihilator Cost
Pricing will vary by location and drink size, but expect to pay between $3.00 and $5.00.
This article was written by Sara. You can learn more about Sara on our About the Team page.